Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rambling # 27 Cover Girls-Little Bee

Last year (weird, I meant to write this post last year) several of my friends and I (initiated by my friend Leah) decided that we wanted to start a book club. We all met at her house and four girls brought some books, they gave a brief description about or what they thought the book was about and we picked one book from every girl. The girl whose book we picked will host the meeting at her house or place of her choosing when we get together to discuss the book. We decided to just start out with four girls book choices and then we will pick four more in three or four months.

Our first book was Robin's choice and it was called Little Bee by Chris Cleave. It is about two women, one is British and the other is an African refugee named Little Bee and how they met and their lives intersect. It was kind of a darker book and deep, but a good read.

About a week before we were supposed to meet up Robin sent us an email inviting us to meet her at The Melting Pot to discuss what we thought about Little Bee. So on a Friday night in October we all gathered together for some discussion and some fondue! Here are (most of) the girls or as we call ourselves the Cover Girls.
A different angle with me in the picture.
We had a great time discussing and for some (me) trying out fondue for the first time. Stay tuned for more Cover Girls book choices.

1 comments:

Leah J. said...

I am so behind on reading!!! I love this post! I love our Cover Girls!