Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Non-Adventure #38 At the Ballet! Cinderella & the Winspear!

I love ballet it is one of my most favorite things. So when my wonderful and totally awesome friend, Kurt got tickets to the ballet and asked me if I wanted to go, I was in! We (Stacie, my best friend, and I) left bright and early on the morning of October 2nd and headed out to downtown Dallas to go see Cinderella at the Winspear Opera House. It is AMAZING! Totally beautiful inside and out. I was kind of excited because I had never seen Cinderella. I have seen the Nutcracker many times, but this would be a new one.

We left pretty early that morning because we wanted to avoid college football traffic and so upon arrival I was pretty hungry. I purchased this sandwich and soda to snack on before going in and finding our seats.
Here is Stacie and I all decked out before the show.
The food area where I purchased my snacks
When we went inside there was this massive lighted hanging chandelier. It was incredible! When it came time for the show to start the lights pull up into the ceiling.
The view to the stage from our seats.
The tiers behind us


Our seats. They were super plush and extremely comfortable, no squashed feeling here. The aisles were also pretty wide, I usually have my long legs running into the seats in front of me but not here.
Us goofing around before the show starts.

After the show we tooks some more photos.
The main dancers came out and signed programs. Here is Cinderella and her prince:
Cinderella and one of the Ugly Stepsisters
Both of the Ugly Stepsisters



When we were leaving there was a couple taking their wedding party pictures outside.
The ballet was fantastic. Everything was super beautiful and we had a great time. It was a totally fun day! Thanks Kurt your the BEST!

0 comments: