Monday, October 12, 2009

Non-Adventure #15 Big Tex, Northpark, and church without walls!

So my weekend was jam packed and totally crazy! I had a great time and I tried really hard to be diligent about documenting all that fun! My boss (aka my uncle) told all of us at work that if we take a day off to go to the State Fair then we will get an extra day of vacation. I was lucky enough that my friend Robin was also able to take some time off and hang out with me and Big Tex!

FRIDAY:
So I picked Robin up at her job at noon and we headed out to Fair Park. Here he is the man himself, BIG TEX!!
I saw this pot creation when we were walking in, I thought that is sooo cute! So I took a picture in hopes that I can try and recreate it on my own. (we'll see!)
Me and Robin heading in gate 5! On our way to get coupons!
We stopped to pose in front of BIG TEX before deciding what we wanted to try.
Our first treats: Me=fried S'more, Robin=fried Moon Pie. Each of our treats were already halved which worked out perfect. We split everything, which made it easier to try all the good stuff! Fried S'more:
Fried Moon Pie:
Robin and I trying the first treats.

The new, extremely popular, and award winning fried butter (with a little cherry sauce drizzled on top):
Me and Robin eating the fried butter.

It was soooooo good and kind of tasted like a sopapilla with cherry sauce. After the butter we hit several of the exhibition halls, our personal favorite was the Food and Fiber Hall with samples of products all made in Texas. Here we are at the midway point in our day and the park. See the Ferris Wheel behind us.
Our next and last food stop was Fried PB and J (Robin)
and Fried Pizza (me)
Here we are trying all the goodness!



Next we took pictures where we popped our faces through:

After this we saw the Marine Corp Band and I used the last my tickets to get a Lemon Chill. Despite the fact that it was cloudy and a little cold we were never rained on and had a great time at the Fair. I would say that the best treat we had at the State Fair was the S'more but VERY closely followed by the Fried Butter! We headed back to Denton. And the headed out to pick up some last minute things at the shops at Flower Mound (407) for the next morning. We went to Old Navy and played around a little.
Here we are trying on some Halloween headbands:
And Robin playing around with a dog (in the kids section):
After this we headed home to eat some dinner and rest our tired legs for the morning!

SATURDAY:
Saturday morning was the morning of the twice yearly make-up trend show at Northpark mall. So we woke up super early met up with everyone and caravaned out to the mall. Here is our little program.
We arrived, walked in, filled out our raffle card, and received our gift bag. They were really good this year, a tote with little red handles. Here is what it looks like:
They had coffee, waters, Mimosa's, and scones and everyone grabbed some breakfast. Here is "the crew" waiting for them to let us in!
Baylee and her mom, Sandy
Me and Robin
Sandy, Baylee, Robin, and my cousin Jennifer!
Baylee, me, and Robin. (some of us decided that since we were getting our make-up done earlier we would go without, me and Baylee)
While we were waiting they had some vendors showing off their products and they were raffling off some gifts and goodies. (If you click the picture the table right in front with the sticks was something they gave out as samples. The smell was called champagne but it was a citrusy delight! If only I could have afforded it! I would have brought some home)
For the first time in ALLLL the years that I have been going to trend show, MY name was drawn out of the raffle box and I won something! I won all these brow shaping tools and a free consultation and shaping by the Anastasia counter (she is famous for doing all the Hollywood stars brows). I was excited!
They finally let us in and we raced to the escalators to be the first ones up to the third floor (I must admit that I was among the ones running. I wanted to be on the front row! We were) Here is what the stage looked like:
Bee and I waiting for the show to start! (and make-up free!)
Bee, her mom, and Robin (Jenn had a lot of coffee) sitting front row!
Some of the cool looks for the show




Ok so every year they have these model guys who help give away some of the raffle goodies. This year Nordstrom's has an exclusive on a Twilight collection called Luna Twilight and so they had two guys, one to be Edward and one to be Jacob ( I somehow never managed to get a good picture of the Jacob guy). Here is the Edward guy:

So usually the fashion show starts with some looks, and then the emcee will introduce some reps to talk about their new fall products, then more looks, reps, more looks, and reps again. Below is a model who was modeling something for a rep.
Oh and one of the models came out wearing these pink Ombre tights and I thought they were soooo cool looking.
After the show we wandered, tried products, picked up freebies, and waited till our make-up appointments at our counters. Mine was at the Bobbi counter as usual (I just LOVE her make-up and the way it makes my skin feel). My friend Meredith did my make-up, I have known her since freshman year at ACU (we are both Nelson girls) and reconnected when Donna got married. She did the make-up for her wedding. She has a true gift of making people look and feel truly beautiful and absolutely gorgeous. Now that she travels for Bobbi I only get to see her at the trend shows and we take pictures at everyone. Here is our Fall '09 show picture:
Isn't she beautiful! I loved my make-up!
Especially my eyes!
I meant to get picks of all of us after our make-overs but due to us all having different appointment times and some different schedules we ended up splitting up before we were all done. I did personally see everyone and we all looked beautiful and super glamorous!

SUNDAY:
This Sunday at church was our "We care Sunday!" and we decided to have church without walls! We all parked at the Piggly Wiggly, bundled up and had church out doors.

After service everyone had signed up for jobs. Some people re-stocked the food pantry, some fixed all the donated bikes, some packed up all the chairs, and other church members did things out in the community. It was an interesting (somewhat chilly) and special service.

I spent the evening cooking somethings for tomorrow and resting up for work tomorrow! I feel like I need a weekend to rest from my weekend!

0 comments: