Friday, March 18, 2011

Non-Adventure # 42 SiNg sOnG!

It has been a couple of years since I have been to Sing Song mostly because I haven't been in or known anyone in Sing Song but my sweet friend Baylee pledged Siggies this year and I was determined to go and see her. My best and fun loving friend Robin agreed to go with me, even though she had no clue what Sing Song was and I had no great way to explain it to her. Our crazy schedules prevented us from leaving earlier than Saturday morning but we still had plenty of time to make the afternoon show. We headed out somewhat early on Saturday morning and chatted and talked and caught up on things. It made the drive fly-by and before we knew it we were in Abilene and we were starving, we were ready for lunch, and I knew the perfect place...
La Popular!

We had a delicious lunch! I had my favorite burritos and they were just like I remembered them~FANTASTIC!

We then decided to head back to ACU to park and pick up our tickets at will call. Since we had some time we cruised around the campus center and it is soooo different. It looks really cool, modern, and bright but I miss the Hilton Room. I have great memories from ACU and a lot of them were in that room. But enough of that. We also cruised through the bookstore where I picked us this cup:
By now we figured we should REALLY head over and pick up the tickets. As we were coming out of the campus center I was explaining that everyone wears costumes as I pointed out what was clearly Siggies in their Piggie costumes, I recognized my favorite piggie~Baylee! She chatted with us quickly before she had to get going and we finally hit up will call, got our tickets and headed in to find our seats. Our seats were portrayed online as further back than when we actually got there and got to sit in them. We were in the front row. We couldn't have been any closer or we would have been a part of the show! Here we are getting our pose on in front of the stage before the show began.
With out a flash this was the best I could do with my iPhone to get a picture of the Siggie Piggies.
The finale with everyone coming back in.

After the show Baylee wanted us to come with her and her family to eat dinner and she chose:
Fuji's!

Here I am with my sweet Siggie Piggie Baylee! I just love her!
After dinner we decided to head on home. We made a quick stop at the Luttrells to say hello, I couldn't just pass through town without saying hi to that sweet, wonderful family. Then we filled up with gas at Walmart got some blizzards for the road and headed home. We had a great time and I enjoyed seeing Sing Song again, even though the Siggies were beat by popcorn. Robin liked the show too. She said her favorites were the Grad students with their Super Mario Theme. I'll leave y'all with one more picture of Robin and I hamming it up before the show.

0 comments: