Sunday, October 17, 2010

Non-Adventures #34 & 35 and Rambling #23 & 24 Baby Showers and Diaper Cakes!

So towards the end of May and the beginning of June I had two baby showers come up. So we (my mom and I) decided we of course would make diaper cakes. Well I make them she helps with the funding and overall design input. Our first shower was for my cousin Matt's wife Jessica. In a previous post I showed pics of their wedding. Well now they are expecting a baby and they decided to wait to find out if they were having a boy or a girl, so gender neutral colors were decided upon. Here is the cake we came up with and gave them. We put a painted "B" for Brown.



Here is the cake they had for her
This is Jessica and her mom, I tried to lighten it up as much as I could.
Jessica and her mother-in-law Julie (my aunt)
Jessica opening her presents
My cousin Jenna and I
She received a lot of basics and we all had a good time playing some baby games. Jessica was due in August.

The other shower took place at the beginning of June and was for my good friend Chrissie whom I have known since Elementary School. She and Jason were married and talked about on the blog too. They decided they wanted to know and learned they were having a BOY! To be named Austin Hoyt Russell. Here is the cake we made for Austin. Her nursery has a Winnie-the-Pooh theme and I thought it was perfect that we found these pacifiers with Pooh and Tigger on them.



The party was at her sister-in-law Vickie's house. Here is Chrissie and her mother.
Me and Stacie
Stacie, Chrissie, and I
Chrissie and her hostesses, Margot (her sister) and Vickie (her sister-in-law)
Chrissie got some great gifts for Austin and we all were able to talk about how we knew her and give her some advice. Now all she had to do was wait for September to come!

0 comments: