Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rambling #14 She's All Grown Up!

Many, many years ago when I was a freshman in high school, my mom was out walking and came across this pregnant lady who was out walking with her mom. They began to chat and she mentioned how she was looking for a babysitter for her daughter and the baby on the way. My mom told her she had a daughter that babysits, one thing led to another and next thing I knew I had a regular babysitting job! This picture was about a year or so after I started babysitting for Hope and Landon.
I babysat for them until I went to college, and right about that time they moved to North Carolina. After college I moved to New Jersey. They came to visit and we all went up to NYC! I moved back to Texas around the same time they came back to the DFW area. The kids were older and their parents were starting to travel a lot more. So they started asking me to stay with the kids while they were out of town. I could still do my day job and I loved getting to just hang with the kids, so of course I always say yes! Here they are now:

Yesterday was a big day for Hope, the older of the two. She has seriously competed in gymnastics (like olympics level) for several years. Yesterday she signed the papers to be on the gymnastics team at OU! She starts in June. I almost cannot believe that she is old enough to be a college freshman! Here are some pictures from her signing party at the gym yesterday!

So congratulations Hope! I cannot wait to see you compete as a Sooner! I love you and I am sooooo proud of you and the person you have grown to be!!!

0 comments: