Sunday, September 5, 2010

Non-Adventures #28-31 A Quick Review of Spring

In this post I am going to quickly review some of what happened this spring. For starters we had a nice girl get-together where we headed out to Northpark for a Bobbi Brown make-up event.
My friends Robin, Tamela, Beth, Adorah, Jennifer, and I all headed down and had the pros do our make-up. Here is Robin and I posing after being beautified.
My friend Meredith was there as well, and we of course could not miss the opportunity to take a pic together!
After every one's make-up was done we headed to the food court so everyone could choose their own meal and we commandeered a couple of tables where we ate, chatted away, and people watched. We all did a little shopping around afterward before finally heading out our own ways.
A great time was had by all and everyone looked so beautiful!

In May as usual there always tends to be a flurry of a graduation events. I attended a couple for my friend and one time babysitting charge Hope. I headed out to McKinney one weekend in May to go to a graduation party at her house and Graduation Sunday at her church.
They had a special service in the morning at church after which we all went out to lunch to celebrate Hope. After a long morning most of us just chilled back at her parents house until it was time to head back up to the church for a reception honoring the grads.
They had a cake with all their names on the side.
We somehow managed to snag and completely fill a table. L to R: Valinda (her mom), Sweetie (her maternal grandmother), Jay and Christie (her uncle and aunt), Popsie (her maternal grandfather), Pop Pop and Meme (paternal grandparents). All of her cousins were there too but they spent the time running around the youth room and playing outside.
The graduates:
all the girls
Hope and I
The grad and her parents.
I have been so blessed to be a part of her life and get to watch her grow up. I have watched her grow from a precocious 4 year-old, to a gymnast, a spunky and fun loving teenager, to an accomplished, confident, and beautiful young woman who is starting college soon. I enjoyed being a part of such a huge milestone in her life and I am so proud of who she has become! I hope she enjoys her time at OU!


On a different weekend in May Baylee and I headed to Taste Addison and met up with Rob and Robin. Rob obliged and took our girl picture.
In May I also attended a Rough Riders game in Frisco with a group of girls. Here they are Robin, Adorah, Jennifer, and Tamela. It was a great little deal for like $10 we got a ticket, hat, and as much food and drink from this food section that we could eat.
Robin and I
Heading in.
Enjoying the game, our hats, and our food!
It was a CRAZY busy Spring but a lot of fun! I had so much fun I was too busy to blog! Keep checking back there are still more posts to come!

0 comments: