Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Non-Adventure # 26 It's that special time of year again.... SPRING TREND SHOW!

That's right my friends our early morning trek to Northpark came again. This year some familiar friends went along as well as some new! On March 20th I got up bright and early (after getting in late the night before from Louisville) and met up with some special girls to see what new trends were happening in makeup and fashion. We got our totes, signed up for the raffle (Chrissie won a basket of Chanel skincare), had some breakfast nibbles, and waited for them to open up and let us sit down at the runway. When they did finally open up, Jenn and I made a beeline up there to reserve us some seats on the front row. Here we all are waiting for the show to begin. L to R: Chrissie, Me, Adorah (BSF friend), Robin, and my cousin Jennifer.
The stage for this year
Robin and Adorah totally cheesin!
I was totally sad that this years spring show fell on spring break. It meant that for the first time in years Baylee was unable to attend. She was on a spring break campaign to DC and didn't fly back till later that evening. I snapped the picture below because it was a dress that would look totally great on her, the model even had red hair like her!
I loved this purple dress
And as always my friend Meredith was there. I was lucky enough to have her do my makeup this year and we got to take our trend show picture. My friend Adorah was the cameraman and she got a little picture happy, so I picked my two favorites.

Then we (minus Jenn, she had to get home to her kids) went to lunch at Maggiano's in the mall. Our first attempt at a group picture only caught me and Adorah.
So we had the waiter take one of the table.
This was my makeup later that night I seem to always forget to take one right after I am done getting it applied. I loved it as usual! Meredith always does such an amazing job and I always leave feeling totally beautiful.
I had a long but great day with great friends. We tried a lot of stuff and laughed a lot. I cannot wait till it is time for the one in the fall!

A little more odds and ends, Allison was the only one to attempt answering the quiz questions and even though her guesses of all A's wasn't all correct (ABCAB) she still wins! So be on the lookout in the mail for your surprise gift Allison!

Last thing I promise! My sister finally had that shower for her friend! So I can officially post the diaper cake I made for her in Louisville.
The front:
Side 1:
Back:
Side 2:
I will try and post my Cali trip pictures, a some other events, and recipes soon! Sorry I am sooo behind!

0 comments: