Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Non-Adventure # 25 March in Louisville!

So I figure that before I publish photos from my California trip that I should post the ones from my trip in March to Louisville first. Originally my mom was going to fly and visit my sister Melissa, but the airfare was far from what could be considered a normal price. SO since I had a bonus week of vacation that expired at the end of March and she didn't want to drive alone, Sookie and I hi-jacked her trip and went along. We loaded up and left early Saturday morning and drove to Jackson (in between Memphis and Nashville). Here we are leaving Arkansas and heading into Tennessee!


We stopped to stay at this wonderful new hotel called the Courtyard by Marriott. They not only gave us a great deal on the room for the night but they were dog friendly and didn't care that I had Sookie (meaning they didn't charge us a pet fee). And for those of you who read this and know how clumsy I am I only had one minor trip on the curb that only spilled a small amount of Sookie's dog food on the sidewalk. Here is what our awesome room looked like.



We got up and drove to my sister's house the next day. The next week involved a lot of home improvement, trips to Lowe's, and trips to Home Depot And of course lunch at Toast on Market!
Sometimes I went along and sometimes I hung at the house with Sookie to let them chill and talk together without me. Sookie loved hanging out on their deck when it was nice and warm, as you can see.



I also made a diaper cake for a friend of my sister's while I was there but since she hasn't given it to the person yet I will post it later after she has the shower. Our last night there we went to this restaurant near their house called Aspen Creek. It was pretty darn good! They had a nice variety of choices and the food was really yummy! I also wanted to get a picture of Melissa and Michal because I always seem to have pics of Melissa but none of him or them together. The first picture Melissa didn't like because Michal was only half smiling.
So we retook it. This was much better.
Then when we got home my mom wanted a picture with them in their backyard. Again with first picture we had a slight issue ( just at the right moment Sookie jumped on Melissa's foot and I snapped just as she was yelping out in pain! It was pretty funny but I didn't think she would like if I posted it so I left it out.
The next day (Friday) we got up early and drove straight home all the way through because I had somewhere I had to be bright and early in the morning! I had the spring trend show at Nordstroms! I will post that as soon as I can, but definitely before my Cali trip!

Don't forget to check out the While You Were Sleeping post and take your best guess at the answers. I currently have only one gal entered it looks like she will be getting the special prize if no one else makes a guess!

0 comments: