Thursday, June 4, 2009

Non-Adventure #11 Great Times with Great Friends!

Here is a little update about what I have been upto lately. A couple of Sundays ago my friend Cherlynn aka Woody had a birthday dinner at the Greenhouse. I have known her a long time because she is the sister of my best friend in the whole world, Stacie. The birthday girl sat at the other end of the table and I was not pro-active enough in my picture taking to get a picture of us but since I was sitting next to Stacie I did pop out my iPhone and get one of her and I together.
Last Saturday was the annual Dog Days of Denton down at Quakertown Park (aka the Civic Center Park). My bestie Robin came down with her rescue dog Mattie and I took Sookie and we headed over to see what was going on. I took Sookie last year and she had a great time and I even had her picture taken (with a lot of work we finally got her still). This year however I decided to skip all that trouble and just hang out. Here is Mattie in the car on the way there.
Robin and I before we headed in:
Here is the official start to the Dog Days area. Unfortunately like so many things because of the economy there were not as many people there hawking their wares, special foods, and other things.
Here's my Sookie (she needed a haircut BAD!)
Awww new friends sharing a drink of water
Robin and I as we headed out a little hot, a little tired, and a lot hungry.
The dogs were great friends after their shared adventure!
And of course that time of year is now here when seniors finish things up and graduate from high school to head out to that wonderful world of college! It is Baylee's turn to graduate from high school and last weekend was the baccalaureate service at church. The seniors pick the songs and scriptures and then after the message there is a video of pictures with recorded messages from their parents. After church there is a luncheon to honor them and all the graduates get a table where they can set up pictures, accomplishments, and people drop off gifts for the graduates. Here is Baylee and I in the gym after service.
Baylee and Claire
Baylees table
Last summer they showed movies on the screens in the plaza area in front of the AAC (American Airlines Center). Well they kicked them off again on Wednesday night with Twilight. So my friend Stacie and I headed out picked dinner up on the way and claimed an area for our friends. Here is our little group. It consisted of Stacie, Robin, Rob (her husband), and Rob's friend Jake. R&R also brought their little dog named Mattie.
Here are some pictures of what it looks like. There are three screens (one to our left and behind us). Everyone just picks a screen and they pump in sound. Just bring a chair, blanket, pillow or whatever you want to sit on. Bring some dinner or something to munch on and settle down and watch the free flick!

SO, thats what I have so far. Just hanging out, hanging with friends, and lovin' on my dog Sook!


1 comments:

Leah J. said...

I had fun reading your updates!! Miss you, friend!