Friday, July 25, 2008

Non-Adventure #6 Twice the blessings, and twice the curlz!


Saturday July 19th was the day we scheduled to have Amy's baby shower. We figured since she was was expecting twins an early shower was guaranteed to have Amy appear at the shower. I was thrilled when Leah (her sister) asked me to help host the shower. I decided I would do the food with help from Rachel and Susan. I also did our hostess gifts which were girl diaper cakes #1 & 2. So as the Saturday loomed closer I started to feel a little stressed with so much to do, but in a good way (I like to stay busy!). We had a great array of food that covered the sweet and salty as well as the delicious. Rachel did our liquids (lemonade and sherbert punch) as well as sausage cheese balls. Susan made tea sandwiches, cherry bread, muffins and another type of bread I cannot remember (blueberry, maybe). I made my sausage/cream cheese pinwheels, mini french puff pastries, and a fruit creation (thanks dad!). We had bibs outside for everyone to decorate for the girls. Here are the pictures of the cakes, I searched all over for this ribbon, and chose it especially for the cakes. It was a beautiful black ribbon with white flowers on it.
Cake #1
Cake #2 Both cakes together Here are the shower pictures, unfortunately I only had my camera with me during the beginning of the shower and so none of mine are during the shower.
The sign-in/blessings table
The sign-in sheet
The blessings jar
The food table picture #1
The food table picture #2
The presents table Me with two(four) of my favorite girls!

The shower was a success! Amy spent over an hour opening up all the presents! We cleaned up and were out of there by 2ish (the shower started at 11am). I think Amy has some pictures up of the presents and guests on her blog. Just look her up on my favorite blogs to read. I'll post again soon and talk about my trip to Cali!!!

1 comments:

amy said...

You are AMAZING, Martha! I LOVED the diaper cakes, food, just everything! Thank you, thank you for everything. What a precious day that was!