Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rambling #18 Diaper Cake Time Again!

I have made another diaper cake and with the number of friends that I have recently found out are pregnant I am sure I will have many more additions to this category so keep an eye out! I think I like every new one more than the last. My friend Chrissie had a friend who she wanted to give one to, so she asked me to make one for her and of course I said yes! Normally I buy the stuff, put it together, and then if they haven't paid upfront they reimburse me. But it was around the holidays when she asked and funds were low so I gave her a basic list of what I use and she bought what she wanted to include and then I put it together from what she gave me. I actually kind of liked it because it gave me a little challenge. I am so used to making them the same way all the time but she bought somethings not on the list and so I had to rework somethings. So here is the cake I made for Madison:
Side 1
The back:
Side 2:
She wanted the whole name on the cake but that can get kind of expensive so I bought just the first letter and painted it with pink polka dots.
One of the things she got that was out of my normal routine was a clothing set that contained two hats and a set of booties. So I tried to make a flower for the topper out of the items and I actually like it and think it turned out really cute. It is definitely something that I would try and do again.
See bootie, bootie, and then both hats wrapped around that:
All in all the cake consisted of diapers, baby wash, baby lotion, diaper cream, washcloths, onsies, a hooded towel, and q-tips, and the baby set of booties and hats. I think it was cute and I'm glad I was pushed to step out of the routine and work something new. And I heard through the grapevine (of Chrissie) that the mom absolutely loved it! And I did too.

2 comments:

amy said...

SUPER cute, Martha! You are TALENTED!

Adorah Mac said...

Martha!!! This one takes the cake--no pun intended. :P You should go into business doing these, girlie. mucho beautiful.