Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rambling #8 Sunday Night Dinner and Dessert Too!

So I decided I would make dinner tonight. I also wanted to try and make this new recipe called Crunchy Onion Chicken. Here are the ingredients:

Flour, Fried Onions, Chicken, and and egg slightly beaten.

Preheat the oven to 400.
First you put 2 cups of fried onions in a bag with 2 tablespoons of flour:
And roll them with a rolling pin to crunch them up. I placed them in a bowl for a little later.
Dip the chicken and coat it well in the slightly beaten egg.
Then roll the chicken in the fried onion crumbs, get it good and coated.
Bake in oven for at least 20 minute, or until no longer pink.
I forgot to take a picture after they were done but they were good. I also made some corn and mashed potatoes. It was nothing special just our favorite instant ones and then frozen corn.

I made dessert too. For dessert I made a chocolate cake. Its a recipe that I got from my friend Chris. It is the easiest and yummiest cake to make. Here are the ingredients in the cake:

Yellow cake mix, small chocolate instant pudding, small chocolate fudge instant pudding, water, oil, eggs, and a bag of chocolate chips.

Preheat the oven to 350.
Prep a bundt pan with baking Pam.
In a mixing bowl add the cake mix
the chocolate instant pudding
the chocolate fudge instant pudding
1 and 1/2 cups of water
1/2 cup of oil
4 eggs
and mix well
Add the chocolate chips (she stirs/folds hers in but those of us who are lazy use the mixer to mix them in too.)
Pour the mix into the prepared bundt pan
Give it a couple of shakes to even it a little out and then bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
looking good!
Yummy fresh out of the bundt pan! I just turned it out onto a pretty plate
and then sprinkled with powdered sugar.
It is a moist and yummy cake. Which for those of you know me and my dislike for cake is saying ALOT! I am a pie kind of gal! But it really is absolutely delicious and sooooo moist. I hope you liked the picture walk thru of the recipes (a la pioneer woman). I am going to write them out below.

Onion Fried Chicken (or here)
2 c (4 oz) FRENCH's fried onions
2 tbsp flour
4 (5 oz) boneless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten

Crush the FRENCH's fried onions with the flour in a plastic bag. Dip the chicken into the egg; then coat in onion crumbs. Repeat with other three chickens. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 until cooked through and there isn't any pink left.

Chris' Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box (small) chocolate instant pudding
1 box (small) fudge instant pudding
1/2 cup oil
1 & 1/2 cup water
4 eggs
1 bag chocolate chips*

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a bundt pan. Mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips) with an electric mixer. Fold in the chocolate chips and then pour mix into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
* You can change this recipe up by adding different kinds of chocolate chips. For example white chocolate chips, caramel, butterscotch, etc.

I hope that you enjoy these recipes!


1 comments:

Holly Scott DeGroot said...

First of all, thanks ALOT for making me want choc cake for breakfast this morning! :)
No, in all seriousness, though, I LOVE that u shared your recipes, these sound and look delicious, and those of us who prefer to read things with pictures thank you much for the complementing pics, too!!! :)